Monday, November 3, 2008

Holding Pattern


Sorry about the late post.

I was sick at the end of last week and didn't get time to blog.

Anyway, right now, like many of you, I'm sitting tight and hoping that after two years of waiting, we will finally make history on Tuesday. I can't think of too much to say right now because I've really been avoiding political coverage the past few days.

I'm tired of listening to these political analysts, pundits and reporters. I know what all of them think and I've decided they don't have any real information to offer me about who is going to vote for which candidate.

So, I'm chilling.

It's made my wife and father a little mad since both of them are still heavily invested in the campaign. They can't understand why I refuse to watch the shows I used to love watching. (Of course, it doesn't help that the NBA season has started and I also recently copped NBA 2K9 for my PS3. My priorities are definitely in order now.)

Honestly, I don't have any words of wisdom to offer y'all today. I might write a blog later this week about the recent push to change the campaign finance rules now that Obama has shattered all fundraising records, but that can wait. I'll definitely talk about my experience waiting in line tomorrow morning to vote. So, y'all have a good day and stay calm.


Share

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"like many of you, I'm sitting tight and hoping that after two years of waiting, we will finally make history on Tuesday."

----------------------

Big Man, the nice thing about this election is that we're guaranteed to make history one way or the other. First black man. First woman pres...I mean VP (as well as perhaps the dumbest ever). Most geezerish president ever for first term...

Granted, I'd rather make "good" history with Obama.
;-)

Kit (Keep It Trill) said...

Even though you've pulled yourself away from the TV, I'm sure your wife and dad are keeping you updated! You poor thing, lol. The only thing new is the non-stop ads. The best McSame can do at this late hour is focus on Rev. Wright. Otherwise, enjoy your chill time.

OG, The Original Glamazon said...

I'm with you I told my crew I was done consuming so much of the politcal talk.

Started reading about mindless stuff like Beyonce and In Style and the Pottery Barn catalog to stave off the anxiety.

Well today is here and you are in line! WOO HOO!

-OG




Raving Black Lunatic