Monday, January 25, 2010

Black and Gold, To The Superbowl




I swore off football two years because I was disturbed by the effect the violence of the game has on players' bodies, and I was angry at my hometown New Orleans Saints' flirtation with another city following Hurricane Katrina.

But, with the improbable and amazing Super Bowl run of the Saints this year, I watched my first full game in a long time last night. I know that makes me a traitor to my ideals, but dammit I already told y'all I'm weak. And guess what, it was worth it even if I think we as a society invest far too much energy into professional sports.

Anyway, since I don't have anything profound to say right now, I'll just say this:


Who Dat say dey gon' beat dem Saints?

Share

1 comment:

Clifton said...

As one of the people that invest too much energy into professional sports I have to say that last night was beautiful.




Raving Black Lunatic