Friday, April 3, 2009

She Ain't God


I've been off the news grid for a while now, but it seems like every time I check back in, some bullshit is brewing.

Latest news is Michelle Obama putting her hand on the small of the back of the Queen of England. Turns out, her majesty touched Michelle when they met, so being naturally cordial, Mrs. Obama returned the favor later on in the conversation, and the folks across the Pond are going ballistic.

Apparently, there is a rule that you don't touch the Queen. Well, you can shake her hand if she offers it to you, but you have to give her one of those finger handshakes that my daddy warned me about when I was a kid. (Any man who gives me a finger handshake gets the side eye, it's a rule. The finger handshake and the dead fish handshake are unacceptable on any self-respecting man. Teach your sons people.)

So, folks are adding this to the ever growing list of "gaffes" the Obamas have made since they moved their black asses to the White House. That figures.... I'm not even going to discuss how asinine it is that people focus so much attention on stupid mistakes like this when we still haven't released a cure for AIDS because I trust y'all already know. I want to discuss the rule about touching the queen.

Simply put, who the eff is she supposed to be?

Last time I checked, the Queen of England was an old white lady. That's it. She came from a vagina, and when she dies, she'll get turn into ash like everybody else. To borrow from a famous rap line "She breathe the same air as me..."

Yes, I know that the folks in England believe their royal line contains either the blood of deities, or has been blessed by deities, but that's a little stupid. Ain't nothing special about those folks, and they damn sure don't have some special hotline to the man upstairs. They are just regular rich folks.

I find it hard to believe that people in England could be this stupid. Didn't Prince Harry have some recent problems with drunkenness and racism? Shouldn't that have been a sign that he and his family aren't THAT different from everybody else? The idea that touching another human being is taboo simply because of the circumstances of their birth is so archaic and idiotic that it boggles the mind.

Logically, if English monarchs can't deal with human contact from lesser beings, maybe the Queen should have kept her hands to herself. If she doesn't want folks touching her, she should avoid touching everybody else. That seems to be a good rule of thumb if England is going to continue this tradition. Michelle just reciprocated the touch of an old lady, that's probably all she felt about it. But, instead of moving on, folks are upset because Obama's hands don't belong on the Queen.

She Ain't God...





Share

5 comments:

jaye said...

I love it when they walk around with crowns on their heads, and expect people to take them seriously. They look like little kids playing dress up. When are the ideas from that time and place just going to DIE? How are people who wear shiny, heavy, jeweled objects on their heads not seen as complete morons?

JudithNYC said...

Turns out is was a bunch of BS from some people the press.

From an AP article:
A Buckingham Palace spokesman who asked not to be identified because of palace policy said he could not remember the last time the queen had displayed such public affection with a first lady or dignitary.
"It was a mutual and spontaneous display of affection," he said. "We don't issue instructions on not touching the queen."

Big Man said...

Jaye
Your comment was hilarious.

Judith

Thanks for the info. Now, I wonder if that's the truth, or that's just the castle folks not wanting to tangle with the Obama Express.

Deacon Blue said...

She wears sleeveless dresses...she is uprooting traditional, sacred White House soil to make a garden...she touched the Queen!

Oh, dear Lord, I can't go on. With this and so many other sins of Michelle Obama alone...much less her husband...I must side with Glenn Beck, Rush Limbaugh, and all the rest in decrying the evil that is the Obama presidency.

Oh, the humanity! Oh, the scandal!

I'm feeling faint; someone bring me my vapors...

Anonymous said...

I am totally with you BM. I mean if the Queen can't stand to be touched then she should stay in a room some place and never come out.

The idea that Michelle breached some sort of rule is silly...last time I looked the queen is just a woman.




Raving Black Lunatic